It seems like there has been a lot of wedding news today. Perhaps this really is a regular thing, but being that I *normally* tend to skip over news of a nuptial nature I am not used to it.Here is the most interesting story that I stumbled across: five siblings all got married on the same day.
The worst part (in my opinion) is that by the time the fifth sibling got engaged, the other four had already decided to all wed on the same day.
Two imagined conversations come to mind:
BEFORE the engagement: "Honey, I'm the last of my siblings to get engaged this month... No pressure, but when are you going to pop the question?"
AFTER the engagement: "The other four of us are doing it on the same day, using the same location, all wearing the same dress, having the same colors, eating the same cake... And you want to do it three weeks later???"
It also probably took a lot of the excitement out of the engagement: [local water cooler] "Yes, another Waldie got engaged." "Yawn, yeah that's the fifth time I've heard that one this month!"
And maybe a little one-upmanship too? "Well, Sibling #1 got engaged over dinner, Sibling #2 got engaged while walking on the beach, Sibling #3 got engaged horseback riding, Sibling #4 got engaged while skydiving... What is left?"
Fortunately for me, my brother is already married, and has been for 13 years...
No comments:
Post a Comment