Tim and I have been greatly blessed by his parents and were given the gift of premarital counseling. We chose A Beautiful Marriage for our counseling because it combines a skill-based curriculum taught in a classroom setting as well as one-on-one sessions- the best of both worlds.It was a great experience and we both learned a lot about each other and what it takes to maintain a healthy marriage. I would highly recommend it for anyone who is entering into marriage or looking to polish up their marriage skills.
Here's some more info if you're interested:
A Beautiful Marriage Website
A Beautiful Marriage on Facebook
*******
FROM TIM:What I really liked about this style of couples counseling was that it was workshop based and not a he-said/she-said referee match like I've heard other couples counseling can be like. We were the only couple there that weren't married yet, and we got the sense that the other couples were a little jealous that we were trying to get a head start on preparing for marriage instead of learning these things years into marriage like they were.
The style was very low key, friendly, educational, and in a group setting. The lessons were along the lines of "Here are some good things for most relationships," instead of "You are doing this wrong." So it is a very positive environment, with useful insights and new ways to approach relationships.
No comments:
Post a Comment